- Don Juan in Soho was probably the funniest theatre experience I had this year. It was so funny I cried. Real streams of tears.
- I’d read the play text and I was delighted that some text in the performance had been updated to poke fun at Teresa May and her ‘Strong and stable’ slogan.
- Oh good lord David Tennant’s suits were great
- When a woman in the audience laughed so loudly that DT broke, he recovered by incorporating her into the play. It was the funniest thing.
- I saw the play on its closing weekend, mere days after a terrorist attack on London. The cast came back on after curtain and DT delivered a wonderfully sweary diatribe against the terrorist attack, thanked everyone for not backing down, for coming to the theatre, and there were collection buckets as we left.
Previous Post Catch and release: a new philosophy on books